One of the first puzzling things about a Walt Disney World vacation is what to do on arrival day. Here are some of our favourite arrival day ideas.
©Canadians Take on Disney
- The first thing on the list has to be jumping right in and going to a park. While this depends greatly on what time you get to your resort, going straight to a park is a great way to kick off your vacation. My personal recommendation is the Magic Kingdom. For one it is usually open the latest of the 4 parks and also it is a good way to immerse yourself in the Walt Disney World experience. If we get an early flight in this is our go to plan.
- Visit Disney Springs. This is a great option if you don’t want to spend money on a park ticket for only half a day or less. Disney Springs has great shopping and lots of dining experiences. This is a great way to get that Disney feeling without going to the parks. Plus you can always catch a movie at AMC theatre or bowl a few frames at Splitsville.
- Go swimming. A good way to relax after a day of travel is to go swimming. While there is a good chance that the water parks will be closed by the time you arrive, you can go to the pool at your Walt Disney World resort. The pool theming at all of the resorts are great and this is a fun relaxing way to spend your arrival day.
- Go mini golfing. If your party has a competitive side, or even if you just like to have fun, mini golf is a good way to go. There are four 18-hole courses spread over two mini golf locations. Winter Summerland at Blizzard Beach and Fantasia Gardens & Fairways near the Swan and Dolphin resorts. All four courses are great, but my personal favourite is the Winter course over at Winter Summerland. Who doesn’t love seeing snow in Florida?
- Go to bed early. One of the best things that you can do on arrival day is to go to get plenty of rest. While this seems like a relatively boring option considering you are in Walt Disney World, getting a good nights sleep is a great idea. Not only will it help you recover after a day of travel and hopefully prevent major jet lag, but it also lets you wake up refreshed and ready to start your epic Walt Disney World vacation the next day.
Comment below with your favourite things to do on arrival day, or head over to our newest poll and vote. And whatever you decide to do on your arrival day, have a good time, remember you are already in the most magical place on earth, Walt Disney World!!