Hello! Welcome to Canadians take on Disney. Brandon and I started this blog because one of the things that first connected us as a couple is our love of Disney. From our very first date, we shared a passion for all things Disney. From our previous trips, our favourite movies and so much more. But why do we feel the need to write this blog? Being from Canada and being a Disney Parks lover isn’t always easy. Travel times, exchange rate, and expensive airfare are just some of the obstacles in a Canadians path to the visit the mouse. We wanted to share some of our knowledge and experiences so that more Canadians can experience our favourite place in the world.
You can read more on our About Us page, but I thought I would take the time to answer some common questions, so you can get to know us better.
- What jobs has Brandon had with the Walt Disney Company?
- How did you meet?
- Like any great modern love story, Brandon and I met online. However, it really was love at first sight. He proposed on our first trip to Walt Disney World and a year later we had our honeymoon there too.
- Why did you name your dogs Meeko and Percy?
- I adopted both dogs before Brandon and I met, but luckily they fell in love with him as quickly as I did. When I decided to get my first dog, I had been researching Disney animal names already. I couldn’t decide on the perfect name and figured I would make a decision when I got her. From the moment I looked into her cute, squidgy face I knew she was my Meeko. When I decided to get a second pug, Percy was the perfect name for her new best friend.
- What are your favourite Disney movies?
- One of the first Disney movies I saw was Beauty and the Beast so it has always held a special place in my heart. And Belle is also my favourite princess.
- Brandon’s favourite movie is Swiss Family Robinson. He loves it because it is a Disney Classic and it was produced by Walt Disney himself.
If you have any more questions for us, please comment below. Also please follow us on social media to stay up-to-date with us.